CBLI curriculum of year
2019 – 2020
CBLI YEAR ONE – Certificate of Christian Ministries
1. Supernatural Ministries
• A detailed study of ministering in the power of the Holy Spirit, which is extremely beneficial to anyone who wants to develop themselves and become the dynamic New Testament disciple God intends them to be.
2. New Creation Realities
• Discover the powerful truths of what it means to be a new creation in Jesus Christ. The truths covered will include God’s Word and the new creation, new creation benefits and rights, our image of the Father and Son, exchanging our old self-image, in Christ realities, being a partaker of the divine nature and much more.
3. Strategies for Building a Church
• This is one of the most needed studies for today’s troubled churches. The course biblically covers all the elements that go into making up the local church government. From detailed study about the role of elders and deacons, to issues of discipline – you will be equipped with the necessary blocks to build a successful church.
4. How to Interpret and Study the Bible
• Interpretation and understanding are key to unlocking the richness of the Bible. This course will take you on a detailed study of biblical hermeneutics and the science of interpretation. You will discover how to understand what it takes to interpret and apply messages from the different literary styles within the Bible.
5. Spiritual Warfare
• This is a very valuable and compulsory course of study for everyone who wants to occupy their rightful place in the battle of the end times. It is beautifully packaged, and you are sure to make new discoveries that will place you above average within ministry.
6. Survey of the Old Testament
• The course looks at the general background of the Old Testament, the forming of the canon, dates, authors and purposes of the various books. It is a required course for all new students.
7. Survey of the New Testament
• On this course, you will look at the general background of the New Testament, the forming of the canon, dates, authors and purposes of the various books. Survey of the New Testament is a compulsory course for all new students.
8. Survey of Bible Doctrines
• Biblical beliefs should be taught accurately and lay the foundation. On this course, you will examine how major beliefs are gleaned from the scriptures.
CBLI YEAR TWO – Diploma in Christian Ministries
Module 1: Supernatural ministry of the Holy Spirit (extended)
• Understanding the gift of Jesus
• Spiritual warfare
• Divine healing overview (with a review on the Spirit of infirmities)
This module will present the student with the opportunity to investigate the introduction of the ministry of the Holy Spirit in the life of Jesus Christ.
The book of Acts will be one of the study tools to further equip students with the powerful work of the Holy Spirit in the early Church. The module answers questions and elaborates on topics such as; How did the church of God start and grow by the power of the Holy Spirit? What was the initial challenge? What were the several catalysts for growth? What were the various pivotal points for change that created momentum in the early church?
Through the module, students will be familiarized with the fruits of the Holy Spirit and the manifestations of the fruits. Students will be fully trained in the recognition and growth of the fruits of the Holy Spirit; learning how to grow the fruits as well as unearthing effective ways of helping others grow in the fruits.
Also, part of the module is the activation of Spiritual giftings. Students are trained to discover their spiritual giftings and the importance of exercising their faith in the use of their newly discovered gifts. They can also learn how to activate their dormant gift reservoir. There will be practical activation meetings with opportunity for impartation, as the Holy Spirit leads, during times of study. Along with the study of spiritual gifting, there will be an emphasis on the gifts of Jesus Christ in the Church of God today. In addition, the module will cover spiritual warfare and training on divine healing and health. Basic training such as praying for the sick and the working of miracles will also be provided.
Module 2: The minister and the ministry
This module is designed to teach on the man or woman that God uses. It will elaborate on the integrity of the minister and the ministry, with a focus on the making of a leader from God’s perspective.
Module 3: Kingdom structure
The kingdom structure module will teach the importance of building structures in order to maintain sustainable growth within the church. It also teaches how to replace the kingdom culture for any order and establish the culture in a region. In this module, students will learn:
• Different types of divine orders
• Current saint movement
• Result oriented leadership
Module 4: The uncommon leadership
This course teaches the importance of leadership, with a kingdom concept, in any organisation. It emphasizes the role of the leader in directing the organisation in a way where the potential of each member is harnessed and used for the benefit of all. We will examine and cover:
• Team building
• Leadership development
• Training and facilitating
• The priesthood of the believer
• Secular vs Spiritual leadership
MODULE 5: Vision, mission, implementation and core values
• This course teaches the importance of carrying out ministry based on a God-given vision. The module explains how to capture God’s vision for ministry and how to write a vision statement that gives specific direction for ministry activities.
MODULE 6: Christians in politics
• Understanding the 10 commandments
• Purpose of politics
• Politics in the Bible
• Understanding arguments and debates
• The introduction of new bills
This module is not a conventional case of study for most Bible schools however, in history where there is a need, the church of God has always risen to the challenge to become the answer and the light. (Matthew 5:14-16)
In this module, students will be introduced to a global world view of Christianity and the Christian role.
The global shift from a more traditional thinking to a postmodern way of reasoning is shifting the world away from morality and values that are primary to the well-being of the human family. So, in this module we will be taking the student on a journey to discover the purpose of politics and how Christians can join the decision makers within any community they are privileged to serve in. (1 Timothy 2:15)
Is politics found in the Bible? If yes, how did it help shape the world in the days of Christ and how will it interfere in the destiny of the Christian faith in modern times? Is the Christian
supposed to be passive or active in the political arena? Is the believer part of the human family and is there a God-given responsibility for the Christian to act in the realms of politics? These questions will be thoroughly answered in the module and practical deliberations will be performed by students and lecturers.
The student will learn the basic differences in understanding how to argue and debate, as well as how new bills are passed into law. In 1 Peter 3:15 the scripture encourages the Christian to stand in readiness to defend the faith when the need arises. Whilst this is not a course on apologetics, the basic principle of 1 Peter 3:15 will be employed within the module to further enlighten the student on the need to defend their faith in all levels of society.
Module 7: Christian counselling
This module teaches the differences between secular counselling versus Christian counselling. It will elaborate on the ethics of Christian counselling and instruct students on how to counsel effectively.